Sunday, August 30, 2009


Yesterday I headed up the street to the second-nearest mulberry tree to pick leaves for the hungry silkworms.

Not far from my building, I saw this plant with small, delicate flowers hanging through a fence. In all the years I've lived on this street, I've never noticed it before, but the plant doesn't look new. I just missed seeing it before. I suppose it's a weed. It certainly was growing in a weedy place. I picked this section from one of the dangling twigs and went home to draw it.

The silkworms should be spinning their cocoons soon.

Colored pencil, Moleskine sketchbook.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your plant drawings. I think it takes so much patience to draw plants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, I'm finding any other subject too hard to draw. What are you creating lately? Guess I'll go check!

    ReplyDelete